It's been a long time since I sat down with a couple guitars and a few ideas and came out an hour later with a pretty well formed song. Tonight Chris and I took some ideas the band had come up with over the past few weeks and maybe found the threads to tie it all together. We'll see how the rest of the band likes what we did. Whatever ideas we have individually usually get pretty stretched out with the group. What's great is that we each truly hear things a little bit differently and when it's blended together we produce something that is usually quite rich and unusual. Something we individually wouldn't have written.
It will be nine years I think this summer that I've been playing with Gray Daisy. I met Bill because I saw some of his listings on ebay for some used gear he was selling. Before the business took off he was supplementing guitar building with used gear. Anyway I saw he was in Olympia and contacted him wondering if we would do some repair work on my telecaster that had crappy Fender pickups in it. He installed some duncans and asked me if I would be interested in jamming. So one night I went over and Chris showed up and we played Help and we got along and now it's been almost a decade with those guys and the stuff we are doing now is the most solid it's ever felt. Thanks in large part to Rob's great drumming that gets bigger and tighter all the time.
It's taken us nearly ten years to be as cohesive as we are now.
No comments:
Post a Comment