Monday, May 24, 2010

Cold spring days, but the blossoms are splendid.  The array of colors and patterns from the rhododendrons is something to behold.  Walking the girls back from Sylvia's school we picked white and purple daisys, yellow buttercups, and bright purple vetch.  The geraniums on the front porch are doing amazingly well, I think they like the cool weather.  Manged to do a little yard work after hanging out at the school playground with the girls, cooking dinner, etc.  The weather has been so damp it hasn't permitted cutting the grass.  It was good to get it done and to move around after a Monday in the office.  Although today seemed to pass quickly lots going on including some heavy duty reporting..

Finished the clear coats on the refinished alder natural body.  I was thinking of buying a new neck for it but the old flat radius Fernandes neck is quite beautiful so I'll bolt it on and see how it feels. The body is hanging in the bathroom to cure for a week or so before i do the assembly.  Although I should wait at least two if I want to cut it and buff it out.

Hoping for a Gray Daisy practice this week.  Haven't played since our show I think our next one is a Rely for Life, which I would be somewhat surprised if Bill and Rob actually do decide to play.

Jules and Mark had their baby and are at home.  Perhaps tomorrow we'll have a chance to see him.

In between Chadbourne books, I'm having a hard time tracking his series, there are two that i've started and I'm not sure which the next book is.  It's a little frustrating that the work of the UK writers are pretty hard to find the US, his work is exceptional.  I enjoyed The Silver Skull tremendously.  The fantasy writing that I really enjoy of that which takes a believable world that is like the real world and layers the supernatural upon or within it.  Nix and King of course are masters, Stroud, and Chadbourne.  I need to have one foot in this world to really depart in a fantasy story.

No comments:

Post a Comment