Sunday, May 30, 2010

took the family to see the final shrek movie.  Sylvia really enjoyed it, RV got a little bored.  i liked the movie, big fan of the previous three but I did find this one a little harder to watch. It's quite violence with many battle scenes and a general mood of despair through much of the movie, fully half of he film takes place at night, which fits with the story but it makes a much heavier picture than the previous ones.  the poignancy of  strains of Hallelujah evoked quite a bit of sadness.  I guess I'm still piecing together the layers of the film, it's relevance to current events and commentary, but i was generally surprised to see that it's gone the way of many darker series, such as Batman and Bond, grittier and laying down a generally gloomy worldview.  In the end the romance was although a bit repetitious from the other films, including the score, I still got a knot in my throat.  All the Shrek movies bring a tear to my eye.  Sylvia confessed she cried a little at the end too.

Also played a Wii for the first time today, I must say I really enjoyed the escapism of a video game that actually had a physical component to it.  Quite fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment