There's a rock by the playing fields outside the high school that students spray paint with slogins like "Go Bears" or Class of 2010 or Happy Birthday Mike. The rock used to be about 10 feet high and was covered with years of layers of spray paint. It was like a marquis. Not graffiti really just messages. They would usually spray paint the entire rock before putting a new message on it. So tonight I'm driving home from Safeway (two for one Orowheat bread!) and I see that the rock has been pulled out and apparently replaced with a smaller rock. About four or five feet high out of the ground. It's a new rock, no paint, the ground around it is loose dirt.
I can only imagine what provoked an administrator to contract some company to pull out the old rock and put a new, maybe safer rock in the ground. I wonder what that story is!
No comments:
Post a Comment