Earlene had the great idea to pack the girls up and head to Burfoot Park. A big park with beachfront out Boston Harbor road. Last time we were on the water both the girls got completely soaked so E brought a full change of clothes. Ruthie loves wading in the water, throwing rocks and Sylvia fished out seaweed. then a few minutes on the playground and home in time for dinner. A good 5th of July!
We pretty much ignored the 4th. Hunkering down amid the neighborhood bombardment, which actually wasn't as bad as I worried about. We had thought about going to the Tumwater 4th celebration with a big fireworks show but couldn't quite face the crowds, particularly after RV took a long nap and woke around 7 pm pushing back any emergent plans. I was curious about the event since i think this is the first year Tumwater has hosted a broader celebration beyond the Golf course shooting off fireworks. this year was billed a more of a family festival so i was actually wanting to attend but when it came down to it, we looked at each other and decided to stay in. I will look in to maybe there is an opportunity for Gray Daisy to play next year. I'm glad there is the event and I will look forward to next year.
Our performance on the 3rd was well attended and our performance "had some funky parts and then had some FUNKY" parts according to Rob. there were a few times where we totally derailed, mostly because of my forgetting parts as usual. But overall it was good, we did receive some good feedback and the songs that we stretched and improvised we best received. Also the new number is getting good feedback. it's in the vein of Where is the Love called Right Now and it's I hope a sound we will continue to build upon. it's definitely our sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment